Monday, October 5, 2009

First Open House: Done!

I had a great time at the Open House yesterday at 5063 Doyle Road San Jose, CA.  Everyone who attended the Open House was nice to talk to.  Some were neighbors who were just curious, others were looking to figure out what their house should sell for. Some were on that eternal quest to find the perfect house and a very small number were actually seriously looking for a house and ready to buy.  I had over 35 groups of people come through the house in less than 3 hours.  All told I saw almost a 100 people.

It was very much like a typical trade show.  The majority of the people are just curious or looking for  information; but a few are genuinely interested in what you have to sell and are real prospects.   I look forward to following up with the actual prospects and seeing if I can help them with their real estate needs.  It is amazing to me as this feels like I have been doing it forever.  And in the context of being a booth babe at a trade show I have been doing this for over 20 years!

One of the reasons I made this change to real estate is that I thought the definition of the perfect weekend was to go see what is for sale in the area.  I have learned so much about how not to treat your open house guests from attending so many open houses:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment