Friday, November 13, 2009

Recipe: French Vinaigrette

I am pretty sure that this really is a French Vinaigrette as the person who taught me how to make it is from Paris:-)

I make a batch of this dressing and store it in my refridgerator for about a month.  It is divine as a marinade for lightly steamed asparagus.  I blanch the asparagus and then chop it up and put it in the vinaigrette and serve over my favorite mixed greens.  This would be great on steamed broccoli or brussel sprouts as well.  If you like mustard on beef it is great on a beef salad.

1/2 C Olive Oil
3 Tbl Dijon Mustard*
1/2 C Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

*-I highly recommend adjusting this recipe according to your love of Dijon mustard.  If you really love it like I do you may want to put in an additional Tbl or two.  If you like a hint of mustard you may want to start with a Tbl and add more if needed.  This has a fairly strong mustard flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment