Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Recipe: Asparagus and Beef Salad

Asparagus is one of my favorite things that let me know that spring has arrived. Asparagus and Beef make a great salad combination. I love to make salads when it is warm outside and I don't want to cook too much or too long but still want something nice to bring to the table.

I use the French Vinaigrette recipe that I posted a few months ago as the dressing for this salad. Asparagus is one of my favorite things that let me know that spring has arrived. Asparagus and Beef make a great salad combination. I love to make salads when it is warm outside and I don't want to cook too much or too long but still want something nice to bring to the table.
I use the French Vinaigrette recipe that I posted a few months ago as the dressing for this salad. http://siliconvalleyrealestate-blog.com/post/1335811/recipe-real-french-vinaigrette

The trick is to not overcook the asparagus so that it holds up in the salad dressing. I like to marinate it for at least an hour before serving so that the asparagus and mustard flavors really combine.

I also like to use a wide variety of salad greens and a perfect tomato or two to really add another flavor dimension. Most stores carry a bag of mixed baby greens and this salad is a great way to use them. Sometimes I add hearts of palm as well just for another color and texture

For the beef I recommend throwing your favorite boneless steak on the grill and cooking it until it is medium rare. Slice it thinly and put on the top of the salad. Looks elegant tastes great and is very easy.

1 bunch of asparagus (about 16 stalks) blanched and then chopped
1 C of French Vinaigrette, marinate the chopped asparagus in the dressing for at least one hour
1 bag of mixed baby greens
1 tomato-chopped
2-3 ounces of beef per person cooked on the grill medium rare and sliced
Optional-hearts of palms chopped
Combine the salad greens, tomato, and hearts of palm
Serve with the marinated asparagus and grilled beef. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment