Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Why I am glad I am a real estate agent

I got up yesterday morning and I read several of my friend's Facebook posts about how sad they were that their vacation was over and they had to go back to work. I then went to the gym and on MSNBC they showed the results of a poll that 45% of workers do not like their job.


I felt so grateful that I had made the career change in 2009 that I did. I worked really hard over the Holiday Season as my clients had more time to see property. Yet I was just as excited to continue to work yesterday. I love my new job and it does not feel like work.

Yes, certain things annoy me like all the ridiculous amount of paperwork and the low tech nature of real estate. But I wake up every day looking forward to helping someone find a house or to answer questions about listing a property or any other real estate question that comes my way.

I enjoy my time to myself when I get it and understand that my clients have very little time to look at property and I have to make sure that when I take them out to see property I maximize their time investment. I am making a difference in the lives of my clients and it feels good.

I am so lucky to have the opportunity to do something that I love and that I don't have the Monday morning blues anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment