Friday, July 27, 2012

Recipe: Pasta Carbonara

For some strange reason I was craving bacon and eggs and pasta after my run this morning. So I decided I would try making Pasta Carbonara. It took less than half an hour to make and was delicious. I used a couple of recipes to come up with this version, it satisfied my bacon, eggs and pasta craving. It has become a kitchen staple. Single Serving Recipe, make in an individual bowl. 2 slices of bacon cooked until very crispy. Dry off with paper towel and crumble. Saute a chopped clove of garlic and about a tsp of chopped onion in some bacon fat. Do more onion and garlic and store in the refrigerator for use another day. In a serving bowl add one egg yolk, a tsp of cream black pepper to taste, mix together. Grate about an 1 oz of your favorite hard cheese into the mixture. Add cooled bacon and onion/garlic, toss with warm pasta. Make 4 oz of your favorite pasta per serving. Enjoy! Let me know how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment