Saturday, July 23, 2011

Recipe: Duck Fried Rice

Like so many of my recipes this recipe for duck fried rice was inspired by leftovers in my fridge.

I have had family out visiting this week. One of my favorite things to do when I have family out is to go to places they don't have at home.

One of the dinners we had this week included a Peking duck. I love Peking duck but it is very rich and one duck goes along way. We ordered several dishes so we ended up with leftover duck. I have never had duck fried rice but I am sure I am not the first person to make it. In any case, duck fried rice was a big hit at our house.

So if you find yourself with leftover Peking duck or roast duck I highly recommend eating the duck leftovers as fried rice. It is a fast and delicious meal.

I had some leftover fatty skin that I rendered in the pan that I added to the dish. Very decadent.



1 C chopped duck meat

2 green onions chopped

2 C of cooked rice

3 eggs beaten

2 TBL of soy sauce

Black pepper to taste

1 TBL duck fat



In large frying pan heat up leftover duck fat and skin to create about a tablespoon of fat. Add the green onions first and then the duck meat. Cook until light brown add the rice. Cook until the rice is warmed completely and then add the beaten eggs and the soy sauce. Stir constantly until the egg is combined with the rice. Serve when the egg is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment