Monday, February 8, 2010

Recipe: Chicken Paprika

I was talked into making a Cosco run last weekend and I bought way more organic chicken thighs than needed for recipe I was making and I had to come up with something to do with the rest of them. 

I had not made Chicken Paprika for a long time but this was a winner with my family; it got 4 thumbs out of 4 thumbs.  Instead of adding the sour cream to the entire dish as is traditional I served the sour cream at the table for calorie control.

1 lb boneless and skinless chicken thighs diced
1 small onion chopped
6 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 a red pepper chopped
16 oz can no salt tomato sauce
8 oz no salt chicken broth
1 Tbl sweet paprika ( adjust to your taste)
1 Tbl olive oil
Salt/pepper to taste
Serve sour cream at the table

Heat the olive oil, add the onion, garlic and pepper.  Cook until soft add the chicken and brown the chicken.  Add a tsp of paprika to the mixture and cook another 5 minutes.  Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth and the rest of the paprika.  Cook for 60 minutes on low heat or until thickened.  Add additional paprika if needed.

This can be served over egg noodles, rice or potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment